Backend EngineerMedior position
We’re looking for a Medior Backend Developer with a good experience in PostgresSQL, NodeJS and/or Kafka. We offer competitive conditions, and the opportunity to work remotely in an open and transparent environment.
Our stack is made of a swarm of NodeJS containers, structured using our homemade Ingestion Framework. The data is fetched inside dedicated connectors, cleaned and enriched before ending up in a centralized Postgres database. The whole process is orchestrated by Kafka, and runs in a Kubernetes cluster. The database then feeds our routing engine and GraphQL API.
The main challenges we face for 2023 and reasons why we are recruiting a backend developer for are:
- Realisation of our extended and ambitious roadmap for 2023 (and beyond).
- Stabilizing and cleaning the whole codebase, as we want to scale our solution from an R&D one to something prod-grade (100mio+ monthly incoming requests expected, starting in January 2023).
- Improving the speed of ingestion, despite the fact we’re handling millions of records across a few hundred tables.
- Accelerating our R&D in the field of delay predictions and natural language processing.
As a Medior Backend Developer, you will:
- Participate in architectural decisions and propose technical solutions that BMC will use for years to come.
- Work hand-in-hand with our CTO and Lead Engineer to accelerate developments and implement first-class user experiences.
- Write clear documentation so that other engineers can jump in and get things done.
- Drive ongoing efficiency and reliability improvements through design and automation: availability, performance, scaling, monitoring and capacity.
- Write lots of JS. Like, for real.
What we offer you:
- Become a key employee in an established, fast-growing and ambitious Mobility company and have a meaningful impact on its destiny.
- Work in an open and transparent environment, with its share of fun too!
- A lot of freedom in organizing your work (remote and/or asynchronous work is encouraged).
- A competitive salary package, alongside nice complementary perks (laptop, mobile subscription, DKV insurance, mobility allocation, meal voucher).
Salary rangeBetween €3000 - €5000 gross per month
- Step 1: Screening of the candidacies to validate the minimum requirements.
- Step 2: Get to know via a quick 1h test, including soft and hard skill questions.
- Step 3: Interview with COO to talk about our company's goal and value, and get to know the candidates.
- Step 4: Debriefing of the test & interview with our CTO and Lead Engineer to assess the candidate's skillset.
- Step 5: Last debriefing interview to settle all the details in.
- Step 6: Welcome on board!
Apply before 15 mrt 2023