Back-end EngineerSenior position
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and developing software solutions that enable our charging stations to communicate with a central dashboard, manage energy usage, manage billing, and provide a seamless experience for our customers.
The current tech stack we use is Java-based, but as part of our planned cloud migration, we are looking for software engineers who are eager to learn modern technologies and are excited about the prospect of working with cloud-based architectures, an array of different programming languages and tech stacks. In that respect, knowledge of AWS\Azure would be a real nice to have.
We're looking for someone with:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science (or a related field) or relevant work experience.
- 7+ years of experience in software engineering, with a focus on backend development.
- Strong proficiency in programming languages such as Java, C++ or Python. Knowledge of Go or Rust is a plus.
- Experience with distributed systems, microservices, and developing\designing RESTful APIs.
- Familiarity with cloud platforms such as AWS or Azure would be a real asset.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work independently with a high sense of ownership and a bias for action.
- Experience in coaching/guiding juniors would come in handy.
- Fluent English with at least good French or Dutch. We are a typically Belgian company, remember ;-)
- Passion for sustainability, green energy and electric vehicles would be nice to have.
- Design and develop software solutions for our electric vehicle charging stations.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define requirements and specifications.
- Develop and implement software features using leveraging architecture knowledge and design patterns.
- Write clean, maintainable, efficient, and scalable code.
- Participate in code reviews and provide continuous feedback to other team members.
- Continuously improve our development processes and tools.
- Stay up to date with emerging trends and technologies in software engineering and EV mobility.
- A full-time contract of indefinite duration. A reduced working schedule can be discussed too.
- Company car +fuel card (or electric car)
- Meal vouchers
- Hospital insurance
- Pension scheme
- Internet at home
- Hybrid way of working (after induction period)
- Great atmosphere (priceless)
As a growth company in a new industry, you will have the opportunity to develop yourself further.
- Reception of CV
- Telephone screening by HR
- Technical interview with line manager
- Technical test
- Decision+ job offer