Accessibility ConsultantInternship position
- East Flanders
Have you ever considered a job that enables you to use your UX skills and/or knowledge of Front-end Web Development to create social and societal impact for people who are digitally challenged or have a disability? Eleven Ways wants to expand its team with a Junior Digital Accessibility Researcher (or trainee).
You will evaluate our clients’ websites, apps and services based on industry standards (such as WCAG) and with the help of (real) users. Eleven Ways serves a variety of clients in Flanders, the Netherlands and beyond the Flemish and federal government, VDAB, City of Ghent, City of Antwerp, University of Antwerp, the European Commission, Eurostat and others.
During this internship, you’ll get the opportunity to fully immerse yourself in the world of Digital Accessibility, learn from experts and users, and familiarise yourself with research methods and accessibility tools.
- You have at least a bachelor's degree.
- You have demonstrable experience in designing, building and/or testing websites and/or apps.
- You are eager to learn, structured in your work, critical (also to yourself), with an eye for detail and have a highly developed sense of empathy.
- Knowledge of the public sector and disability landscape are strong advantages.
You evaluate our clients’ websites, apps and services based on industry standards (such as WCAG), best practices and/or with the help of (real) users with disabilities and limited digital skills
- We offer a tailor-made induction programme and personal support.
- A high degree of autonomy
- The possibility to work up to 90% remote, open-minded colleagues and access to a quiet and pleasant work and meeting place in the centre of Ghent (Kouter).
Our interview process is very lean and personal. We ideally invite you to our office in Ghent or, if the distance is too great, a virtual interview is also an option. If there is a match on both sides, we will ask you to carry out a short test assignment. Afterwards, we plan a new meeting to evaluate this assignment.
Apply before 31 aug. 2022